- Visit Jitterbit website(s) that display or link to this Privacy Notice;
- Receive communications from us or otherwise communicate with us, including but not limited to via the website, emails, phone calls, texts or faxes;
- Visit the Jitterbit community on the website;
- Visit Jitterbit branded social media pages;
- Visit Jitterbit offices;
- Register for, attend or take part in our events, webinars, programs, trainings, certifications or contests;
- Are employed by a customer of our products and services where your information has been shared with us in our capacity as a controller (for example, during the contracting process);
- You share a lead or do a trial on the Jitterbit website;
- Participate in surveys we initiate
Personal Data we may collect from you
Jitterbit requires certain Personal Data in order to provide you with information on our products and services. For example, if you:
- request information via the contact page on our website: www.jitterbit.com;
- submit comments or questions via the contact page on our website; or
- submit a lead or sign up for use of our products or services.
- request support, receive training, or download certain content from the website
- are employed by a Jitterbit customer using our services where your information has been shared with us by that customer.
- Setup a trial of the Jitterbit platform, we will collect your business contact information
In these instances, we often collect information such as name, physical address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
If you do not provide your Personal Data, Jitterbit will not be able to provide you with the information requested, cannot react to your comments or questions, and cannot serve you as a client.
Jitterbit may also collect Personal Data collected from your interaction with our website. This requires your opt-in consent or registration. This Personal Data we collect may include:
- Device information including browser, and type
Our Use of Personal Data
Jitterbit needs access to certain information in order to provide you with Jitterbit products and services. Jitterbit uses the information to provide, update, maintain, administer, improve and protect our services, tools, websites and business; to comply with applicable law, legal process, or regulation; to communicate with you in responding to your requests, comments, and questions; to develop and provide search, learning, and productivity tools and additional features; to send emails and other communications; for billing, account management, and other administrative matters; and to investigate and help prevent security issues and abuses.
Use of Jitterbit Products and Services
Jitterbit Products and Services: Jitterbit needs your personal information in order to administer and enable entitlement to and use of the Jitterbit products and services and in order to keep you informed about the Jitterbit products and services.
Marketing: If you opt-in and request information via our website or sign up for trial use of our products and services, Jitterbit will provide you with requested information about Jitterbit products and services, will enable you to receive our newsletter, request informational materials, participate in surveys or evaluations, enter promotions or contests, or will enable you to submit comments or questions about Jitterbit and its tools and services.
Jitterbit may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to comply with a legal process such as a court or administrative order, national security letter, subpoena, search warrant, or a national security or law enforcement request. Jitterbit may also be required to disclose personal information if Jitterbit merges with or is acquired by a third party.
Data from sources other than directly from a Data Subject
Providing and administering the Jitterbit Platform. Jitterbit may receive information collected at contract signing and/or Platform login time which is provided by a Jitterbit customer.
Jitterbit may also receive Personal Data from prospects who are evaluating tools, the only data collected at login time is provided by the data subject (e.g., from a prospective Jitterbit customer).
Marketing: Jitterbit may receive and use information from other sources in addition to information provided directly by data subjects. This information is used for marketing purposes and only shared with our service providers involved in supporting Jitterbit analytics and providing an improved user experience of the Jitterbit website. These additional information sources are:
- Data vendors in order to augment and match personal identifiable information (PII); and
- Lists received from partner tradeshows and events.
Jitterbit uses a privacy tool to monitor opt-out choices for European Union (EU) users which are following an opt-out protocol. In that case, the opt-out tool signals to other companies not to use your browsing behavior when providing interest-based advertising, by setting their opt-out cookie in your browser. It’s important to know that if you decide to clear your browser’s cookies, this will remove the opt-out cookies set by these companies. You may need to re-access the opt-out tool to reset your preferences.
Basis for Processing Personal Data
Jitterbit agreements are generally with other businesses, rather than directly with consumers. We may collect any information that is reasonably necessary to negotiate, enter, and fulfil the contract. The information collected for this purpose may include business contact information, order details, as well as information required for the implementation of services.
Where you request information from Jitterbit about the Jitterbit Platform, Jitterbit community, Jitterbit partners, you may elect to receive electronic communication from us.
We may also process your Personal data If we request your consent to a specific processing activity, and you provide your consent in the manner indicated.
Jitterbit might process where it has a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Data. For example, we process the Personal Data we collect from you to register visitors to enhance safety and security of Jitterbit facilities. We also process personal data in providing access to information on the Jitterbit Platform, and in delivering, securing, enhancing the performance of the Jitterbit websites.
Jitterbit will also process where it is necessary to perform a contract.
In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. Some examples of legal obligations for which Jitterbit may process personal data are responding to legal process, processing data subject rights requests, and complying with export and sanctions laws.
If you have consented to our use of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent, however this will not affect the data processing that has already happened. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, but in some cases, this may mean no longer being able to use the Jitterbit Platform, services, or receive communications from us.
Who We Share Information With
Providers as Receivers of personal data
Jitterbit has relationships with third parties to assist us in providing, maintaining, administering, and securing products and services to our customers. These service providers might include customer relationship management providers, third party providers whose services are integrated into the Jitterbit Platform, third parties who we may share certain information in regards to activity related to a merger, sale or asset transfer. Any services providers with whom Jitterbit shares personal information are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide services to Jitterbit, have written agreements with Jitterbit, and are required by contract to secure and maintain the confidentiality of the information that Jitterbit provides.
Information received by Jitterbit from opt in may be shared with Jitterbit service providers with whom Jitterbit has written agreements in order to enable us to provide marketing communications, to improve the user experience of the Jitterbit Platform, and or the Jitterbit website for customers and prospects. If you no longer want to receive such information, you may opt-out of receiving communications from Jitterbit. You can use the Don’t Sell My Info link at the bottom of the Jitterbit website, or the unsubscribe link in a marketing email to do this.
Jitterbit also works with service providers with whom Jitterbit has a written agreement which may track your activities on the Jitterbit website to enhance its functionality and improve Jitterbit`s marketing efforts and provide you with advertising based on your visit. If you do not want to have your information collected and used for remarketing purposes, you may opt-out by using the Don’t Sell My Info link at the bottom of the Jitterbit website.
Information security and retention
Jitterbit uses industry standard controls to safeguard the privacy of the Personal Data it receives. Jitterbit and its hosting services infrastructure partner have received internationally recognized certifications and attestations for SOC1, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, and other security standards for the Jitterbit Platform. For more information about the security of the Jitterbit Platform, please review the technical, operational and procedural safeguards for the Jitterbit Platform as described at https://www.jitterbit.com/security-annex-b.
Transactional Information: Information that is processed by Jitterbit customers as part of a trial period is stored for the minimum time necessary to process the information. System logging information is only kept for a set duration for troubleshooting.
Jitterbit Platform Non-transactional Information:
Information as it relates to Jitterbit customer projects as part of a trial period is considered non-transactional data and can be stopped, started, and purged at customers’ discretion.
Information collected is used for marketing purposes until a customer or prospect opts-out.
Jitterbit does not permit the use of Jitterbit Platform, or websites by anyone younger than 16 years of age to the extent prohibited by applicable law. If you are younger than 16, or aware of anyone under 16 that has provided us with personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; Jitterbit will take appropriate steps to delete such information.
Your Rights (GDPR, UKGDPR)
If you are a resident of an EU member state or UK and have a user identification and password to use Jitterbit`s Platform on a trial basis, or you have opted into receive our marketing communications, or other information about the Jitterbit Platform, you are a “ data subject” and as such have certain rights that Jitterbit will honor directly with respect to the Personal Data about you that Jitterbit holds.
The following section details your rights with respect to Personal Data Jitterbit holds about you as a controller and how Jitterbit will address them. The exercising your rights section below details how you may exercise your rights.
Right to access
You have the right to access personal information Jitterbit has about you. Note that if such information is obtained through Jitterbit relationship with a Jitterbit customer or partner, you should contact them directly.
Right of rectification
You have the right to request Jitterbit correct any inaccurate personal information Jitterbit has about you.
Right of erasure
You have a right to request Jitterbit delete personal information has about you.
Right to restrict processing
You have a right to restrict processing of personal information Jitterbit has about you. Revoke the permission provided where Jitterbit is processing personal information about you based on you providing your consent to Jitterbit, you have a right to revoke consent.
Right to opt out of certain disclosures to third parties
You may opt out of marketing communications by editing your preferences in the Jitterbit Subscription Center or by contacting Jitterbit at email@example.com.
Right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated by Jitterbit, you may file a complaint with the Jitterbit DPO or with the Supervisory Authority (SA) from your EU member state. To file a complaint with Jitterbit, you must submit your complaint in writing. You’ll find the contact details of our DPOs below. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
Exercising your rights: marketing data:
Customers or prospects may edit and manage their Personal Data submitted through the Jitterbit website or change their privacy settings either through the Jitterbit Preference Center, the Don’t Sell My Info link, or by emailing a request to the Jitterbit DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exercising Your Rights: customer data.
Jitterbit may also process Personal Data where it is submitted to the Jitterbit Platform via a customer or partner. Where Jitterbit is processing Personal Data about you due to Jitterbit’s agreement with a customer or partner, Jitterbit is acting as a processor or sub-processor of the Personal Data, and is processing the Personal Data on behalf of such partner or customer. In that situation, Jitterbit is prohibited by contract from addressing your rights directly. In that situation, if you want to exercise any of these rights with respect to such Personal Data, please consult with the customer or partner directly. Where you are a Jitterbit Platform user, changes to user login and email are restricted in the self-service console. Those changes can be made by creating a case with Jitterbit tech support at email@example.com.
Your Rights (CCPA); Supplemental Privacy Notice: California residents
Per the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations this section applies if you are a resident of California (“Consumer”), and your personal information is collected and processed by Jitterbit as described.
The following section details the information that may be collected, and how Jitterbit will address your rights under California law. Personal information categories collected:
Jitterbit may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information” or “PI”). In particular, Jitterbit may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months based on marketing activities or acting in our role as a processor for Jitterbit Customers and partners:
Category A – Identifiers
Examples: Name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Category B – Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
Examples: Name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, fax number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, physical illness, mental illness or disabilities.
Category C – Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Examples: Age, ethnicity, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, physical illness, mental illness or disabilities, gender, veteran status.
Category D – Commercial information
Examples: Records of personal property.
Category F – Internet or other similar network activity
Examples: Access history and information on your interaction with our website or Platform.
Category I – Professional or employment-related information
Examples: Occupation, employer information.
Category J – Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))
Examples: Education level, school attended
We may obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, through information we ask from you when our Customers or their agents subscribe to a trial or enter a contract with us to use our Platform.
- Directly and indirectly from you when using our Services or visiting our website. For example, usage details collected automatically in the course of your interaction with the Jitterbit Platform or your use of the Jitterbit website.
- Directly from a Jitterbit customer. For example, from information Jitterbit customers provide to us related to their use of the Jitterbit Platform for which they engage us. Jitterbit would only store name, and email address in order to authenticate users of our services. Thus, If we have your information from a customer, that is all Jitterbit would have.
Use of Personal Information
- Jitterbit may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the business purposes listed in the Our Use of the Personal Data section above in the privacy notice.
- Under the CCPA “business purpose” in addition to the above list may include means the use of personal information for the business’s or a service provider’s operational purposes, for example, this use might include verification of customer information, processing transactions, providing product information, advertising or marketing services, customer service, debugging/ investigating errors, audits, detection and investigation of security incidents, account service and maintenance, processing payments, analytic services, technological development and demonstration, and undertaking activities to verify, maintain, and improve the quality or safety of a service.
Sharing Personal Information
Although Jitterbit has not sold or shared personal information in exchange for money in the past 12 months, Jitterbit has shared within the past 12 months certain personal information with the various types of third parties listed in the Who We Share Information With section for a business purpose. Jitterbit has written contracts that describes the purpose and requires the recipient of the personal information to secure and keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. Jitterbit’s purposes are described above and in the Our use of the Personal Data section in this Privacy Notice. Jitterbit does not knowingly “sell” any personal information of persons under the age of 16. Jitterbit does not collect “sensitive personal information,” as defined by California law, to infer characteristics about you. Jitterbit only uses/ processes sensitive personal information consistent with the exceptions to the right to limit sensitive personal information under California law.
Your Rights under the CCPA.
You have the following rights under CCPA
Right of Disclosure or Access – You have a right to request information on the PI we have collected and disclosed about you in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity, and to receive information regarding the business purposes, including information on any third parties with which Jitterbit shares information.
The right to correct inaccurate personal information. If we maintain PI about you, you have the right to request we correct any inaccuracy about such PI, taking into account the nature and purposes of processing the PI.
Right of Data Portability – In response to a request for disclosure, Jitterbit will provide you with your personal information in an available and readily usable format.
Right to Deletion / Erasure (The Right to be Forgotten) – You have the right to request Jitterbit to delete PI Jitterbit
has collected directly from you subject to certain exceptions.
Opt-out Right for Personal Information Sales You have the right to opt out of certain marketing using the methods set forth below.
Non-Discrimination – Jitterbit will not discriminate against a consumer because they exercise their rights.
How to Exercise your Rights
- Use the Jitterbit Email Subscription Center
- Use the Don’t Sell My Info link on the Jitterbit website
- Contact Jitterbit DPO. Jitterbit will respond within  days to all legitimate requests. Please provide sufficient information so that we can identify you and confirm that the request is valid. We may request additional information to confirm your identity or the scope of the request.
- Reply to Marketing Email with “Unsubscribe” feature by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the email
- A note about online tracking. Jitterbit use of online tracking technologies may be considered a “sale” / “sharing” under applicable law. Visitors to the Jitterbit website can opt out of being tracked by these third parties by clicking the “Don’t sell my info” link at the bottom of our website and selecting their preferences, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a [Jitterbit account] or if you are not logged into your Jitterbit account], your request to opt out of “sale” / “sharing” will be linked to your browser identifier only and not linked to any account information because the connection between your browser and the account is not known to us.
Jitterbit Response to Rights Requests – Jitterbit will:
- Comply with a verifiable consumer request to exercise one of its rights.
- Respond within 45 days after receipt, potentially extendable once for another 45 or 90 days on consumer notification. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with Jitterbit, we will deliver our written response to the registered email associated with the account. If you do not have an account with Jitterbit, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
- Inform the consumer of the reasons for not taking action. If Jitterbit is unable to take action on a request we will explain why in our response to you.
- Provide the information free of charge, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Consumers may only make most information requests twice a year and only for a twelve-month look-back.
- There are no limits on deletion and do not sell requests.
- Please note that We cannot provide you with personal information and may not be able to respond to requests if we cannot verify your identity or that you have the authority to request the personal information.
General privacy and security contact information:
Global Contact Information:
1101 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 201
United States 94501