The easiest way to manage your API’s lifecycle in a single developer-friendly platform.
API management from beginning to end
Rapidly create and manage APIs through an intuitive interface, expose APIs via enterprise-scale API Gateways, and empower developers to discover and consume APIs. You can manage the complete API lifecycle with security control and rich user authentication from any device.
Create APIs rapidly through our intuitive graphical interface.
- Securely create, run, and analyze APIs
- Easily generate APIs based on existing data and apps through a few clicks
- Create composite APIs from multiple web services
- Enable agile development through point and click
- Reuse existing code and business logic
- Create an API in any format including REST, SOAP and OData, and make it available instantly
Expose your APIs via enterprise-scale API Gateways.
- Empower developers to discover and consume APIs / microservices via the Developer Portal
- Rapidly expose any application or data as an API
- Optimize APIs to deliver maximum performance
- Document each API using OpenAPI (Swagger 2.0) within the Developer Portal
- Enable API publishers to brand and customize their Developer Portal via the Portal Manager
Complete API Lifecycle Management from any device with security control and rich user authentication.
- Gain visibility with comprehensive monitoring and alerting of API processes
- Access APIs and expose to developers with full authentication and user access controls
- Provide API governance with rate-limiting and IP white-listing
Maintain clear visibility and identify opportunities through targeted API monitoring tools.
- Monitor API performance and consumption trends through a dashboard
- Filter usage or monitor consumption by various time periods, IP address, response times, HTTP response codes, and more
- Access enhanced API operational and debug logs for easy issue diagnosis
- Search and filter logs for faster debugging
What is an API?
API is an acronym for Application Program Interface. In simple terms, API is a software intermediary that allows applications to interact with each other and securely exchange data. APIs act as a messenger between applications that take requests, translate and return responses.
What is API Management?
API management is the process of creating, publishing, controlling, and analyzing APIs in a secure and scalable environment. API management provides a unified platform to scale, share and socialize APIs while ensuring security and access control. In addition, API Management provides usage analytics for reporting and assessment to improve performance and decision-making.
What is an API Management Platform?
The API management platform is a software tool used to create, access, publish and govern APIs. With API management platforms, companies can centrally manage, run and secure APIs, and perform full lifecycle management.
The key components of an API management platform are:
- API Design: API design enables the creation, publishing and deployment of APIs. API design defines the architectural and functional characteristics of APIs and influences how the users consume these APIs and how they are tracked.
- API Gateway: An API Gateway is a software component sitting between a client and a collection of backend services transmitting requests and responses. The API Gateway acts as a manager handling the requests, routing, translation, and delivery of data and services.
- API Developer Portal: API Developer Portal is a place where published APIs are cataloged. The developer portal serves as a marketplace for the published APIs from where users can browse, subscribe, and read about them.
- API Security: Security is an essential component of APIM. You can use an API management platform to secure and govern your APIs various authentication types including Basic and OAuth 2.0. It also allows users to implement security capabilities such as user-level rate limiting and IP-white listing to ensure that your APIs are safeguarded and used the way you intended them to be used.
- API Analytics: API Analytics are critical to track key performance and monitor metrics. API Analytics enable organizations to filter, sort, and aggregate API data and display it in reports and dashboards that are easy to understand.
How to get started with API Management?
APIs are increasingly becoming important as organizations rely on them for everything, from introducing new products and channels to achieving operational efficiency and delivering an improved customer experience. Organizations need to implement effective API management and create an environment to manage the API lifecycle, making APIs secure and easily consumable.
Jitterbit understands the importance of APIM management and the growing dependencies of businesses on APIs. With the Jitterbit API integration platform, businesses can create, run, secure, publish, manage and analyze APIs and microservices no matter where your APIs are hosted, or what technologies they run on. A simple yet powerful user interface makes it very easy to integrate APIs from existing systems.