HotSchedules Improved Data Quality and Customer Service with Integration
For HotSchedules, the most trusted provider of mobile technology for the restaurant and hospitality industries, the major and rapid changes necessary to keep pace in the marketplace mean that they need control over their systems, apps and tools. Control not only in how the tools connect to surface critical information among teams, but also the power to change tools as the business grows, while adding new connections and keeping the existing ones functioning properly. In short, they needed a modern, agile integration platform.
The previous integration solution left HotSchedules wanting more. “The challenge was that we had to go to them for every change. They couldn’t handle the volume or metering of a mass update and weren’t flexible enough regarding endpoints,” said Laura McDonough, VP of Operations for HotSchedules.
After considering several options, such as Dell Boomi, HotSchedules chose Jitterbit Harmony to automate business processes, ensure the system of record is current and accurate, provide vital flexibility and enable change at the speed of the digital age.
During the implementation of Jitterbit, HotSchedules’ integration plans changed because they decided to switch service tools. “Jitterbit was flexible enough to handle to new scope and different endpoints,” McDonough said.
Ensuring Data Quality
NetSuite is HotSchedules’ system of record, used by the finance team for invoicing, but contact information and addresses were often overwritten by sales teams in Salesforce or customer care teams in Zendesk.
NetSuite, Salesforce and Zendesk integration enabled by Jitterbit makes NetSuite the true system of record, ensures that the finance team has the right information to invoice properly and gives HotSchedules the control they need to keep critical data correct and current.
In turn, the data in Salesforce and Zendesk is also now much cleaner, empowering sales and customer success teams with the best, most accurate information.
The customer success team also uses Natero to conduct business reviews and signal potential churn events. “If the data isn’t accurate, they would be making decisions based on incorrect data,” McDonough said. “Jitterbit allows us to bring data together from many different sources, so they don’t have to go into four or five different systems to understand the health of the customer.”
Finance, sales and customer success aren’t the only teams that Jitterbit helped. Operations gained efficiencies and saved roughly 10 days of man-hours by using Jitterbit to automate the move of several service tools onto JIRA.
As Chris Cannata, Business Apps Developer at HotSchedules, described, “We moved JIRA Cloud and legacy tools into our hosted version of JIRA, which meant moving tens of thousands of historical records with thousands of attachments. We tried this manually initially, but discovered we could use Jitterbit, which saved us a tremendous about of time.”
And time was of the essence. McDonough explained, “We would have been in a rough bind, because we had a very short cutover time. We have offices in several countries, so there was a finite amount of time to get a tool that a large part of the company uses up and running. Jitterbit saved everyone a huge headache. It was a great ‘wow moment’ for us.”
While getting the first integration up and running quickly is important, it’s often the subsequent integrations that matter most, because as HotSchedules knows all too well, things can change seemingly overnight. Flexibility and ease of use in an integration platform is essential.
“With the success we had, we gained comfort using Jitterbit, so we could try using it for different things. As we got better, we could expand,” Cannata said.
The next project is integrating Salesforce and Zendesk to automate the creation of projects for the implementation team once a customer signs on. The integration will provide customers with earlier access to HotSchedules sites and help both HotSchedules and their customers recognize revenue sooner.
“We couldn’t move as quickly as we are or have the success we’ve had without the capabilities from Jitterbit.”
– Laura McDonough, VP of Operations for HotSchedules
HotSchedules provides mobile, cloud-based technology for the restaurant, retail and hospitality industries. The company is committed to serving those who serve others through a comprehensive suite of solutions that make working for and in restaurants – and beyond – more rewarding and efficient.
The product suite solves the challenges associated with recruiting, training, scheduling and labor management, back office operations and communications. HotSchedules is proud to serve more than 2 million users in over 130,000 locations across 26 countries.
- Salesforce <> NetSuite: Maintain account profile data and send approved orders to NetSuite for implementation and billing.
- Zendesk <> JIRA: Manage all customer-dependent tickets, from enhancements to Blocker/P0 defects; it’s critical for tickets to get to JIRA with accurate information to meet SLAs.
- Process large historical datasets for migration project(s): Migrated two service providers to JIRA and JIRA Service Desk for Engineering, IT and SaaS infrastructure ticketing. It was critical to move historical data, including a high number of attachments.
- Data stream from NetSuite to Natero and Data stream from Amazon S3 to Natero: To support data needs for our customer success platform.
- Coming soon. Salesforce <> Zendesk: Automate creation of projects for the implementation team once deals are closed/won. This will provide customers with earlier access to HotSchedules sites and recognize revenue sooner. It includes attachments and each system constantly updating each other.
- Wanted a tool that could be controlled in-house, given frequently shifting processes.
- Needed zero dependencies on others to make changes.
- Have improved accuracy to account profile data updates by enabling real-time updates. What used to take 30 minutes or more to send to NetSuite, or not sync at all, is complete in two minutes or less.
- Updates to customer care are returned in seconds. With previous integration solutions, it was up to two minutes.
- Saved at least 10 man-days of writing code to migrate attachment files that refused to migrate into JIRA. Had a Jitterbit interface running within three hours and all attachments loaded within 24 hours.
- Coupled with changes to implementation processes, reduced average customer sign-to-access time by 88 percent.