LA Metro Taps into Real-time Internet of Things Payments.
The Metro TAP program offers a state of the art transit card that uses smart chip technology that stores all of a passenger’s transit information and balances. Riders can simply tap their card each time they board a Metro service.
Los Angeles County uses Harmony Live! to dramatically improve the experience of Metro’s 1.4 million patrons by connecting their smart cards with the online TAP program in real-time.
Connected by Harmony, TAP information is now accessible across the web, mobile, kiosks, buses, and trains. Live! ensure that riders can access up-to-date account information, remaining balances, user profiles and more from any device, any time.
Salesforce, Oracle EBS, Data Warehouse, Internet of Things
- Fragmented manual processes and swivel seating.
- Siloed and redundant data locked in legacy stores.
- No centralized reporting and visibility across network.
- Integration relied on one-off applications and manual work.
- Improved experience for 1.4 million of patrons.
- Real-time visibility to massive volumes of historical data.
- Orchestration of patron card transactions across web, mobile, kiosks, busses and trains.